|TIP: You can make certain changes to existing keywords or targets using by editing an exported CSV, and new keywords/targets can also be added to the CSV. Learn more about editing exported CSVs.|
Follow the steps below to import new keywords/targets into your campaign.
- Navigate to the campaign with the keywords or targets you'd like to edit, then click the Keywords tab (InText) or Targets tab (Pops or Display).
- Click the "Upload Keywords" or "Upload Targets" button above your data table to access the uploader.
- Download and open the CSV template linked on the page, or click the appropriate link below to download the template for your campaign type:
- In the CSV, add your keywords/targets in the column labeled "keyword" (InText) or "target" (Pops and Display), entering each keyword/target in its own cell. To assign custom bids, statuses, and other criteria, refer to the table of valid inputs below this list. Save your changes when you are finished entering your keywords/targets.
- In the uploader you navigated to in step 2, click the "Choose File" button and select the CSV you are importing.
- Click the "Upload Keywords" or "Upload Targets" button to import the keywords/targets in your spreadsheet.
The table below explains how to format inputs for each column in your CSV.
|Column Header||Campaign Type||Accepted Inputs|
|Keyword (Required)||InText||Enter the keyword you are adding to your campaign.|
|Target (Required)||Pops and Display||Enter the target you are adding to your campaign.
|Match Type (Optional)||Pops and Display||Enter keyword or domain. When adding a run of network target on Pops, enter keyword as the match type. Leave blank to default to keyword.
|Creative Size (Optional)||Display||Enter 728x90, 300x250, 320x50, 300x50, 300x600, 240x400, 160x600, any (any available creative size), or leave blank to default to any.|
|Position (Optional)||Display||Enter ATF (above the fold), any (any available position), or leave blank to default to any.|
|Bid (Optional)||InText, Pops, and Display||Enter any amount greater than or equal to your campaign's minimum required bid and less than the maximum bid for your campaign type (Maximum bids are $100 on InText; $.5 on Pops, or $100 if you've agreed to lift the bid cap; and $50 on Display). Leave blank to apply the default bid in your Campaign Settings.|
|Bid Type (Optional)||Pops||Enter fixed or proxy, or leave blank to default to fixed.|
Did your import fail? Troubleshoot CSV import compatibility problems by following these tips.